2.17.2012

i'm a teacher: part 2

I don't really remember what sparked my desire to teach. I really don't. It has been my childhood dream, actually, but that slowly faded as I entered junior high. By that 7th grade I wanted to be a NICU nurse. By 9th grade it was a paramedic. By 10th grade I had no desire to do any of that. For a few years during high school I didn't have any clue what I wanted to pursue in college. It hit me my senior year.
I wanted to teach.
And I actually wanted to teach orchestra.
Once I got to BYU, that changed.
At some point, I guess my childhood dream resurfaced.



Today, I got my acceptance letter for the Elementary Education program at BYU. I cannot tell you how long I have been waiting for this. When I first turned it in, they said "Expect a response before Valentine's Day. If you don't, come in and see us."
Well, Valentine's Day rolled around. Nothing. Wednesday went by too. I decided to go in on Thursday to see what was up. "They're going out today." the secretary said.
Still nothing.

Then Friday came. I had been checking my email like 5 times an hour waiting for that dang email. Then all of a sudden, it shows up.
Along with an attached acceptance letter.



I cannot tell you how thrilled I was. I have never felt so sure about a decision in my life. This is what I'm supposed to do. I am supposed to teach. I am going to make an influence in kids' lives for the better. After reading the letter, I got chills. I grinned from ear to ear.
It happens, guys. That feeling is real even though I doubted many times. But you'll know it when you feel it.

I. CANNOT. WAIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment