2.25.2012

music.

As most of you may know, music is my biggest passion. It's incredible how it can touch people's lives and that it can bring about such a wonderful feeling. Music has been known to calm me down after a long stressful day and it helps me cool off some steam. No matter what, I always come away from the piano feeling extremely happy. Without music, I don't know where I'd be. What friends I would have. If I would have ever met my best friend. I would have never had opportunities to play in such venues as the Provo and Salt Lake Tabernacle as well as in Abravanel Hall under prestigious conductors and with such talented musicians. Music has blessed my life so much and in ways I cannot express. It will always be a huge part of my life. No matter what.

Recently I've become rather obsessed with The Piano Guys. And any solo work by Jon Schmidt and Steven Sharp Nelson. Their music is just so happy and uplifting. And also so fun to play! Here's a couple (okay, a lot) of videos that I like of the two of them. It's incredible what they've done!




My child will learn to play the piano like this. No questions asked. :)

And Star Wars, of course.



This one was filmed by an orchestra that is local to me. They're incredible! And I even know a few people in it.


Oh and there's so many more. Go to their youtube page "The Piano Guys" and watch to your heart's content. Really. They are absolutely incredible.



I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music. - Billy Joel

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

No comments:

Post a Comment