9.22.2011

awkward.

Conveniently it's Thursday, so awkward Thursday? Got nothing too awesome, however, besides the fact that BYU kicked USU's butt in soccer today!

Anyways.

Today around 3 I was sitting on the couch doing some homework. I didn't have any makeup on but luckily I had done my hair.

Someone drives up and parks.

A guy gets out and starts walking up the driveway.

I peer at him and realize ... "Oh. My. Gosh. It's Jordan."

He knocked. I kinda sat there freaking out. I mean, I didn't have any makeup on and I was in sweats! No way presentable to a boy I hardly know.

I answer it. And he practically invites himself in.

What the heck are you doing here, Jordan? Just leave me alone. I don't really like you and I can tell you are all googly-eyed over me. That kind of turns me off.

So he tells me this story about how he got a new job at ASD working as a substitute teacher. He then said he was getting sworn in next week to be in the Airforce. I congratulated him. But the whole time I was thinking "Why are you telling me this? Why are you here?"

A few minutes later, the truth comes out. Apparently his job didn't approve of the jeans he was wearing--they were light and had rips in them, so classy--and he was in need of some new ones. So he asked me to come with him (smooth, right?).

Wait a second. GO SHOPPING WITH HIM?? I hardly know the kid! We've been on one date! How awkward is that?
I could hear snickering coming from the kitchen.

I politely said no. And I had a good reason! I started teaching at 3:30. 20 minutes isn't enough to go shopping. (And to be honest, I didn't really want to...)

What is this? I really hope I'm not giving off any vibes. Cause I'm really not.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment